Crews from Barnes, Inc. will be picking up Christmas trees in Monona on Monday, January 18. If you have a tree for collection, please have it at the curb by 7:00 a.m. Be sure that all lights, ornaments, decorations, and plastic are removed. Also, please be sure your tree isn’t buried in snow so crews can easily see it.
The Streets Division will collect holiday trees for recycling. Each neighborhood will receive two collection opportunities. Note: Collection could be delayed due to winter weather. Snow and ice operations have priority over tree collection.
Round One begins on Monday, January 4, 2021.
- Trees placed to the curb on or before January 4, 2021 will likely be collected prior to January 15, depending on weather conditions.
- Trees placed to the curb after January 4 may not be collected until Round Two.
Round Two begins on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
- Trees placed to the curb on or before January 19 will likely be collected prior to February 1, depending on weather conditions.
- Trees placed to the curb after January 19 may not be collected until regular brush collection begins in the spring.
Holiday Tree Collection Rules:
To avoid damage to any equipment, they ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Place trees at the street edge only.
- Remove and discard tree bags.
- Remove all tree stands, ornaments, lights and other metal objects.
- Trees that are not properly prepared will NOT be collected.
Holiday Tree Drop-Off Sites:
You may also bring your Holiday trees to their drop-off sites at:
West: 1501 W. Badger Rd.
East: 4602 Sycamore Ave.